Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day Three. The river.

It snowed again last night. About two inches. I love the snow. Snow and I go way back. I know many people hate the snow for various reasons. I love it. It's so peaceful and forgiving. It makes everything look new and different. It makes everything look better than it did before. I decided to drive down to the river. It was cold, but worth the possible frostbite. I can't explain how quiet and relieving it was to stand by the banks of the Neosho. The water was lapping against the chunks of frozen ice floating. The trees were whistling in the wind. The snow was falling ever so softly and delicately. I wished I could have stayed there all night.

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget to checkout the Birnamwood lighted stream while the snow is fresh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! I may have to go tonight and see if the lights are still up.

    ReplyDelete