Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day Twenty. My Eye to the Sky.

I saw two really amazing things in the evening sky tonight. One was a jet. Nothing important, you say? I beg to differ. The logistics of flying and actually getting a jet up and in the air is insane. To think of the technology, where we started and where we've came, it's just mind-boggling. Yet, just mere degrees to the south I see something even more breathe taking. The moon. Even in the day the moon still has a sort of presence that even jets, with their tailing vapors, cannot compete with. The awe-inspiring, dream-filling, world-connecting moon.



2 comments:

  1. I really like these two photos, I feel inspired. Jets in the sky feel like old friends to me. The trailing vapors are called contrails. Here is a link so you can get your nerd on. Compliments of my other half. :O)http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/wxwise/class/contrail.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...you know my nerdy self says THANKS! ;) I have always stood there and watched the jets fly by, even now I will stand out in the yard to see them go by. I always wonder where they are going.

    ReplyDelete